Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shock me God!

How easy is it to become accustom to the greatness of God's Word and the revelation of His work in time that are found there. May God help me to once again to be shocked, moved, and broken by His word. The word's of Christ are often radical. He calls me to be radical in dealing with sin:
"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
(Matthew 5:29-30)

He demands total allegiance:
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. "Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. "For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?
(Luke 14:26-28)
He demands that I love Him with every aspect of my existence:
And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
(Matthew 22:37)

By His grace and for His glory may God knock me down with the force of His Word!

No comments: